KLS Corinium Emerging Markets All Weather Fund
The KLS Corinium Emerging Markets All Weather Fund was launched in 2017, and was initially managed by Ed Butchart and his team at Sloane Robinson. The fund replicates a Cayman strategy that they managed from 2013. Since joining Kepler in December 2020 the investment team has continued to implement a robust and repeatable investment process, that has allowed Ed to generate an enviable track record for investors. The fund has a flexible investment mandate and has a more defensive investment approach centred on a concentrated equity portfolio of 30-40 best ideas from across the Emerging Markets. The core portfolio is focused on Compounders, Dynamic Change and Deep Value stocks.Find out more
KLS Corinium Emerging Markets Equity Fund
Find out more
The fund is the second to be run by the Corinium Emerging Markets Investment team, complementing the more defensive KLS Corinium Emerging Markets All Weather Fund that Ed and his team have managed since 2017.
Ed Butchart, CFA
Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager
- Sloane Robinson 2011-2020. Initially as Head of Investment Strategy and Risk, responsible for macroeconomic research and oversaw the firm’s investment risk process. Appointed Deputy CIO January 2012. Appointed CIO September 2012.
- Gemstrat Advisory 2008-11. Established an independent research company, focused on economic and strategic research on emerging markets. 40-50 clients across the fund management industry.
- Moore Capital 2004-2008. Portfolio Manager, Emerging Market Equities. Part of a 3-man team investing across emerging markets.
- Merrill Lynch 1997-2004. Emerging European specialist 1997-2000, Global Emerging Markets Strategist 2000-04. Co-head of Latin American and Emerging European economics team.
- Educated at St. John’s College and Nuffield College, Oxford. Doctorate in Economics /Economic History. Junior Research Fellow, Merton College, Oxford 1994-97.
Rohit Agarwal, CFA
Senior Investment Analyst
- Worked for JP Morgan principal investment team, Pictet Asset Management, Landsdowne Partners and Sloane Robinson. Broad coverage experience ranging from utilities and oil & gas to internet and healthcare.
- Sell-side research analyst at Sanford Bernstein and UBS. Moved to buy-side in 2010.
- Degree in Philosophy and Economics from London School of Economics. Started investment career in 2004.
Patrick Christiansen, CFA
- Degree in Finance from Cass Business School. Started full-time investment career in 2016 with Sloane Robinson. Coverage focused on financials and consumer stocks.
- Degree in Mathematics with Economics from University College, London. MSc in Finance from London School of Economics. Started full-time investment career in 2017 with Sloane Robinson. Coverage focused on IT hardware and consumer stocks.