Kepler Partners is an independent boutique specialising in the regulated funds market. Founded in 2008, Kepler is a limited liability partnership and headquartered in London, with a subsidiary in Frankfurt. Kepler’s team of 40 individuals is solely driven to provide the best level of service for its clients.
Kepler is made up of two complimentary divisions:
Our Asset Management Division – Kepler Partners LLP is an FCA authorised investment manager. Our investment vehicle, Kepler Liquid Strategies is a Dublin domiciled UCITS umbrella platform on which we host our Emerging Markets equity funds, managed by our in-house investment team. In addition, we are responsible for five externally managed funds, selected via our fund research team. Through our in-depth fund research, we are also able to provide fund advisory and consulting services. Total assets under management are currently $1.8bn.
Our Fund Marketing Division – The Fund Marketing team is focussed on providing marketing support and consultancy for investment trusts and alternative UCITS funds, including our own range of UCITS vehicles on the Kepler Liquid Strategies platform. We have a leading fund research team focused on Investment Trusts and Alternative UCITS funds that publishers their research via two dedicated websites (www.trustintelligence.co.uk and www.absolutehedge.com) which reaches thousands of investors on a monthly basis. In addition, we host market leading events throughout the UK and Europe.
Human Resources Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full scope of HR responsibilities, and report to the Chief of Staff. This is a standalone position with administrative support. Working as a trusted business partner to Partners and line managers alike, this position will ensure our people are properly motivated, incentivised and managed. The role will focus on talent strategy as the key focus of the position is to retain and develop our talented workforce.
- Talent management strategy with focus on performance management, management development and succession planning
- Leading on all recruitment processes with involvement at source, interviewing and onboarding stages in collaboration with hiring line managers
- Talent development – Ensuring each employee has an employee development plan and working with managers to identify suitable training and career development needs. Sourcing relevant training providers to fill training needs
- Delivery of the annual performance review, salary review and bonus allocation cycle
- Regular benefits and offerings review to ensure retention
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns with help from external advisors when required.
- Proficiency in policy development, and implementation.
- Oversee employee wellness initiatives
- Conducting regular surveys to measure employee satisfaction and engagement, analysing the results and putting plans into place to improve engagement and act on any arising issues
- Management of HR system (PeopleHR)
- Equality & Diversity – being the Champion for D&I, partnering with stakeholder to ensure that company standards are upheld and continuously developed
Investment Trust Research Analyst
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic team player with a solid understanding of investment trusts or funds and a willingness to become an expert on their areas of coverage to join the rapidly expanding investment companies team as an investment trust research analyst.
You will be writing thematic research and analysis, looking at macro events and considering the implications they have for investors, and producing profiles of individual investment trusts in that context, examining these vehicles in great detail to produce a ‘note’ which allows investors to understand exactly how the trust goes about the business of generating returns, and the type of markets which suit it best.
This is a writing-led role and you must be capable of writing clear, well-reasoned analytical arguments which make sense to our audience of professional investors and investment savvy high net worth private investors.
- Write detailed profiles of individual trusts on a weekly basis. These reports will be written for professionals and retail audiences.
- Create thought provoking, interesting thematic research for the same audience and over the same timeframe, using data analysis to support detailed interrogation of themes, trends, and sectors.
- Become an expert on investment trusts and specifically your areas of coverage, providing ideas and analysis to internal and external clients, including professional investors and journalists.
- Work closely with the investment writing team to formulate and deliver interesting angles and ideas for articles about our ‘enhanced marketing’ clients.
- Manage your research diary by proactively engaging with clients to plan coverage over the year
- Help to develop new ideas for research, events and interaction with our audience which can build our brand as an investment trust specialist.
- Generate interesting ideas which can be used to promote our research among the trade and national press.
- Working closely with the Investment Trust sales team to engage directly with professional investors, recommend ideas and better understand their investment needs.